Tequila Tasting Party
Easy Party Ideas
Adult Party Ideas
Tequila Tasting Party
This post may contain affiliate links. Read our full disclosure policy.
Have you heard about the newest rage? A Tequila Tasting Party!
Now I've been to (and thrown!!) all sorts of tasting parties.
Wine tastings, vodka tastings, martini tastings, even chocolate tastings!
But I hadn't been to a tequila tasting!
Here's the scoop on Tequila Tastings
I found out that tequila tastings have been offered for several years
at finer Mexican restaurants, but in the past few years the idea of a
tequila lounge at fine restaurants and bars has been growing.
These lounges serve really nice tequila, and not only offer it for sipping and enjoying, but in a variety of cocktails.
can do this same idea at home! Intrigued? Read on for ideas!
How to host your own Tequila Tasting Party
- Simply offer a selection of fine
tequilas, or you can do a mystery tasting, with everyone sampling one,
two or more, and voting on their favorite as a straight up drink, in a
margarita, or in another cocktail of your choice.
- Fine tequila can be savored, like you would do with a fine scotch. You can offer samplings of the different types of tequilas: blanco, reposado, and añejo, (classified according to their age) or you can also offer samplings within a type of tequila - for example, all choices within the blanco category, or choices from a particular distillery.
- The best glass to use is a wine glass or brandy snifter.
- Just as you would do with a wine tasting, provide a spit bucket, and provide a small cup of coffee beans to smell between tastings to clear the senses.
- Serve tequila at room temperature, and provide 1/2 ounce for each taste.
- For tasting: Note the color of the tequila - it could range from clear to golden to amber. As you do with wine, swirl the tequila and smell to "taste" the aroma. Next, sip the tequila and hold in your mouth, tasting thoroughly before swallowing.
- Serve lots of food to nibble on to complete the party! Tropical fruits, tostada chips and dark chocolate pair well with it.
- Even though tastings will be small, make sure you have a way to provide a ride home if anyone should need it.
This site is a participant in the Amazon
Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by
advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Popular Tasting Parties