site contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on the link and
make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you!) I
only recommend products I’ve personally used or would love to use
myself! Get the scoop here.
Do you need patriotic decorations for a block party, July 4th, Memorial Day or Labor Day event?
Here are some easy ideas for you that are great homemade decorations!
Easy Patriotic Theme Decoration Ideas
- Fill containers with flowers in red and white, and top with some American Flags. Some great flowers are geraniums, petunias and impatiens.
- Purchase inexpensive white, red and blue fabric and use to drape like bunting (at the end of summer you can often find patriotic themed material on sale!!)
- Dig out your Christmas lights in red, white and blue (leave the other colors packed away for now!) and drape around your front door, along your fences, and around your patio or backyard.
- Small American flags can be purchased very inexpensively. Purchase several and group them together for a bigger impact. Let’s make the dinner table or buffet table patriotic too! Use a plain white tablecloth, or a red and white checked tablecloth, as your base. An easy napkin idea is to use red and blue bandanas.
- Fill jars with red, white and blue candies, and the always favorite cake that is decorated to look like an American flag.
- You know the paper chains that you can make at Christmas? Make some in red, white and blue and drape around the party area. This is a fun and easy craft idea that kids can help with in advance of the celebration.
- My favorite party decoration – balloons! They are easy to find, easy to put assemble, and cheap! Whether you blow them up with air yourself, or use a helium tank to do it, balloons add a festive spirit instantly!
- For July 4th, you can't decorate with fireworks, but learning about them is pretty interesting. So, I've included some fireworks trivia for you...the five usual colors are red, white, blue, yellow and green. They are made from these chemicals: Red – strontium, White – magnesium, Blue – copper, Green – barium, and Yellow – sodium.
This site is a participant in the Amazon
Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by
advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Share Your Decorations and Creations!
Thousands of visitors come to this website for inspiration. Share your images and decoration ideas here!
Events that use Patriotic Decorating Ideas
Fourth of July Parade - celebrate in style!
Patriotic Decorations are perfect for Election Day Parties
Love the Amazing Race? Let's Have an Around the World Party