This site contains affiliate links, meaning if you click on the link and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you!) I only recommend products I’ve personally used or would love to use myself! Get the scoop here.
Don't you love to receive invitations to a party?
Have you ever received one...
...but were left with questions? Exactly who in the household was supposed to attend? How long would it last? Should I bring something?
Putting all the information together in a clear, concise manner will save your guests from having these questions, and will possibly save you time from having to answer them!
Getting these details to your guests has never been easier, and the possibilities are endless. You can purchase just about anything or make something you dream up! Of course there are also online options. No matter what type you select, you should include the following:
1. Purpose of event (birthday party, bridal shower, etc.)
2. Date of the event.
3. Time of the event. In addition to listing the beginning time of the party, you may want to include the ending time.
4. Location of the event. In addition to the address, if it is in a location that is hard to find, such as in an apartment complex, include a map or specific directions.
5. RSVP Instructions. RSVP means "respond" - but lots of people are confused about this. I have found that many guests only respond if they are coming, but others only respond if they are not coming. Instead of "RSVP" you can say "Regrets Only" or something similar.
6. Any special instructions (such as "Bring a White Elephant Gift", bring a dish to share, BYOB, etc.)
Keep these things in mind and it will be a great success!
For these themes ...
Luau, beach, ocean, mermaids or pirates: send a message in a bottle.
Princess, princes, knights or castle: print the details on paper and roll it up, tie it with ribbon and make a scroll.
Anything related to travel: make a little passport book and include all information inside the passport.
For a casino night or game night, send your invitation details on a playing card.
Have great ideas and tips to share? Tell me about it!
Share your great ideas!
This site is a participant in the Amazon
Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by
advertising and linking to amazon.com.